Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

hello 2011!

this is somewhat belated, but still, it's my first post of the year! so it's always nice to start it off cheerful and friendly.

it is already approaching the end of January but to be honest, i feel like i'm still not back from europe. yes, it was a very good trip and something i read from the trip sent me thinking hard about the meaning of travelling. it was an interview of philosopher Alain de Botton on a lufthansa inflight magazine and he talked about traveling as an invitation to change one's life. so since i came back, i've been thinking about the impact of the 16-days long journey on me. was it purely materialistic? i like to think it's more than that! heh i believe i have gained more confidence from the experience and i'm ready and determined to make some changes in my life. incremental changes that go a long way in my life.

with that, i hope that 2011 will be a better year, and that i will see positive results from my efforts to change!


No comments: